Join an International PhD Programme at the University of Salzburg (Austria)
Theme: “Imaging the Mind”
We are now inviting applications for 4 fully funded PhD studentships in the following interdisciplinary areas: cognitive (neuro-)science, psychology, biology, medicine/neurology or computational neuroscience.
Join an internationally renowned PhD programme in the beautiful city of Salzburg (Austria). While Salzburg has one of the highest life quality ratings globally, the university’s Department of Psychology with its Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience (CCNS) is among the most productive departments worldwide.
The programme will admit students for spring 2020 (earliest start date 1st March 2020).
It offers numerous benefits:
- salary for a period of 3 to 4 years (including health and social insurance)
- equipped work space
- research consumables
- specific technological training courses (e.g. fMRI, EEG, MEG)
- presentation, scientific writing & teaching skill training
- full funding of congress participation, workshops and international courses
- funding for 6-month research stays in foreign partner laboratories
Candidates must hold a master’s degree or equivalent with a relevant specialisation in one of the above listed academic areas of the programme at the time of entry. Prior application is possible. The language of the graduate programme (teaching) is English; hence, English proficiency is indispensable. The programme strives for equal representation of female PhD students, wherefore women are especially encouraged to apply.
Faculty and proposed research projects (for more details see here)
Manuel Schabus (Programme Speaker)
- Fetal programming and high-density baby EEG
Josef Perner (Deputy Speaker)
- Connecting Theory of Mind with Mathematics and Memory
- Memory consolidation/reactivation during sleep
- How SMART is it to go to bed with the PHONE?
- Genetic Modulation of Sex Hormone Influences on Cognition
- Hormonal Contraceptive Effects on Brain & Behavior
Deadline for applications: 16th January 2020 (23:59 CET).